Friday, October 17, 2014

B.A Portfolio: week 8 works







This weeks works I wanted to express how in our society we value beauty and constantly adorned ourselves with different objects to obtain high standards of beauty. I chose to cover the faces with flowers because universally flowers are regarded as being beautiful. I also chose flowers because though they are beautiful eventually they wither and die. I did this to parallel with the fact that beauty doesn't last forever as everyone grows old. For some of the images I want to keep the image pretty as a subtle way of expressing the above thought. With the others I wanted to make it a bit more obvious how beauty fades by experimenting with ways of destroying the images as to take away some of their beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment