Thursday, October 9, 2014

B.A. Portfolio: week 7 works

Influences:
elise wehle - collage, drawing, and paper-cuttingby Elise Wehle

Final works:


This weeks work I wanted to explore layering by doing it by hand. I took images and cut them up many into different shapes and arranged them onto the portraits. The first set of images by Elise Wehle influenced me to cut a design in to the first work. Adding the components of the different images allowed me to take the change the portraits out of being a portrait of certain people. With this technique of layering I would like to create a "portrait" of the models using cut up images that represent what they hold important or things that they think about constantly. Also we were required to do 8 consecutive hours in the studio. This challenge was rather difficult for me as I get restless so working on something for that long of a period was rather uncomfortable for me. I found that the more consecutive time I spent on a piece the more I began to nick pick at it. This led me to keep trying to fix little things in the piece that could have been left alone. Typically I spend a few hours at a time on a piece and go back to it with fresh eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment