Wednesday, September 17, 2014

B.A Portfolio: week 3 critique

This weeks critique of my double exposure images, a comment was made that one looked as if it had been painted on and scratched away. The second layered image was barely recognizable from a distance, it was only when looked at from up close that it is seen as a hidden landscape. I was then asked if I was using photography as a way to express a message or if I was interested more in the photography itself. With being interested in the photography aspect and the layering of the images, it was suggested to just take a bunch of photos and experiment with different ways of layering the images. There was also a suggestion of taking the portraits of the pretty models and layer them with things like trash to create a contrast between the prettiness of the models and ugliness of the trash. This is a concept I may explore in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment